Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Link tables from other database into SQL

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to dynamically link a table from a
COBOL (I think) database into a SQL database. I have an ODBC driver that I
have been using to link the tables into Access, but would like to do the same
in SQL Server 2000.
Thanks in advance for any replies!
Cobol is a language so I'm not real sure what database you
are trying to connect to. But if you have a driver for the
database, install it on the SQL Server box. For the linked
server, you'll need to follow similar steps for the
configuration that you used in Access when linking the
tables. Look up linked servers in SQL Server books online to
find more information on creating linked servers in SQL
Server. You link to the server/database in SQL Server rather
than individual database objects as you do in Access.
-Sue
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 07:49:09 -0800, "cjohnson300"
<cjohnson300@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to dynamically link a table from a
>COBOL (I think) database into a SQL database. I have an ODBC driver that I
>have been using to link the tables into Access, but would like to do the same
>in SQL Server 2000.
>Thanks in advance for any replies!

No comments:

Post a Comment