Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Link to another report on point labels in Pie Chart

Hello. I am new to SQL Server Reporting Services. The short explanation of what I want to do: In a pie chart, I have turned on point labels. I want each of the point labels to be a link. When you click on the link, you are taken to another report (in table format) that is more information about the data in that wedge of the pie.
If that is unclear, maybe it will help if I explain what I'm trying to do. The pie chart is a chart showing the status of developer issues in an issue tracking database. (Open, In-Progress, Awaiting Verification, Closed, Rejected, etc.) Each wedge of the pie has a point label that shows the number of issues that fall into the category (8 issues opened, 12 issues IP, etc.) When I click on the label that shows the number, I want to be taken to a table that shows what the issues in that category are.
Is this possible with SQL Server Reporting Services? Thanks in advance.Yes. Check out Chart Properties Dialog -> Values -> Edit -> Edit Chart Value
dialog box -> Action tab. You can choose Jump To Report option here and
specify the target report. You can also pass parameters to the target report
from this location.
--
Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Justin30519" <Justin30519@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BC5B49B6-2B72-4D9C-A4B0-0CA3356E8114@.microsoft.com...
> Hello. I am new to SQL Server Reporting Services. The short explanation of
what I want to do: In a pie chart, I have turned on point labels. I want
each of the point labels to be a link. When you click on the link, you are
taken to another report (in table format) that is more information about the
data in that wedge of the pie.
> If that is unclear, maybe it will help if I explain what I'm trying to do.
The pie chart is a chart showing the status of developer issues in an issue
tracking database. (Open, In-Progress, Awaiting Verification, Closed,
Rejected, etc.) Each wedge of the pie has a point label that shows the
number of issues that fall into the category (8 issues opened, 12 issues IP,
etc.) When I click on the label that shows the number, I want to be taken to
a table that shows what the issues in that category are.
> Is this possible with SQL Server Reporting Services? Thanks in advance.|||Thank you very much for your reply. It was very helpful. My report works now.
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment