Friday, March 30, 2012

Link to Exchange

I have a SQL 2000 server I want to link to an Exchange Server. Can I used
linked servers to access the Exchange database? I do not want to have to
import my email addresses into a SQL table for updates.
Thank you,
JLFlemingYou can use SQL queries via ADSI to query the AD to get the Exchange
information. This will take additional programming and there is nothing out
of the box that I know of that will facilitate this. If you don't need RT
access to it, you could build that into a nightly job.
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA
Flagship Integration Services
"JLFleming" <JLFleming@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:43FDE5A4-EF8C-4923-B6D6-BC07D25774F7@.microsoft.com...
> I have a SQL 2000 server I want to link to an Exchange Server. Can I used
> linked servers to access the Exchange database? I do not want to have to
> import my email addresses into a SQL table for updates.
> Thank you,
> JLFleming|||I'm trying to link to Exchange as well. But I'm having difficult query the A
D
after I created the link server. When I run the following query in Query
Analyzer from the SQL Server, I received the following error:
Either queries:
select * from openquery (ADSI, 'Select name, adsPath FROM
''LDAP://DC=HQMAIL1, DC=com''
WHERE objectCategory =''Person'' AND objectClass= ''user''')
SELECT * FROM Openquery(ADSI, 'SELECT givenName FROM
''LDAP://192.168.90.13/OU=AE,DC=HomeQuest,DC=Internal,DC=com'' WHERE
objectCategory
= ''person'' AND objectClass = ''user''')
Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB
provider 'ADSDSOObject'.
When I try to access the Linked Server from EM, I received this error:
Error 7301: Could not obtain a required interface from OLE DB provider
'ADSDSOObject'
Not sure what to do, any ideas?
"Ryan Hanisco" wrote:

> You can use SQL queries via ADSI to query the AD to get the Exchange
> information. This will take additional programming and there is nothing o
ut
> of the box that I know of that will facilitate this. If you don't need RT
> access to it, you could build that into a nightly job.
> --
> Ryan Hanisco
> MCSE, MCDBA
> Flagship Integration Services
> "JLFleming" <JLFleming@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:43FDE5A4-EF8C-4923-B6D6-BC07D25774F7@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment