Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LInk Tables

Hi,
I have created a link server within my enterprise. I can see the
server - which is on a c-isam db - and all the the tables.
What I am unable to do is query any of the tables.
Link Server = Rubicon
Table Name = qc_raw_mat_cat.
select * from rubicon..qc_raw_mat_cat
What have I missed / messed up?
Many thanks
example
select * from rubicon..qc_raw_mat_catTo reference a table in a linked server, you need to use
LinkedServer.CatalogOrDatabase.SchemaOrOwner.Object
Try:
select *
from rubicon...qc_raw_mat_cat
-Sue
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 00:23:02 -0700, "MMouse99"
<MMouse99@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have created a link server within my enterprise. I can see the
>server - which is on a c-isam db - and all the the tables.
>What I am unable to do is query any of the tables.
>Link Server = Rubicon
>Table Name = qc_raw_mat_cat.
>select * from rubicon..qc_raw_mat_cat
>What have I missed / messed up?
>Many thanks
>
>example
>select * from rubicon..qc_raw_mat_cat

No comments:

Post a Comment