Friday, March 30, 2012

Link to Oracel database

Hi all,
I am running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition and I want to create a link server to an oracle database. I have installed Oracle client on the server, but when try to test the connection using Oracle Net Configuration Assistant, I'm getting error: "TNS:l
istener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect description".
I have read article 280106 (troubleshooting) that didn't help.
I appreciate any guidance.
Ray
The Net Assistant doesn't always generate correct
tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files. You most likely have
something missing in one of these files.
Make sure the Oracle home is specified correctly and that
you have a SID_LIST_LISTENER entry which specifies the sid
that the listener is listening for.
-Sue
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:46:10 -0700, Ray
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I am running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition and I want to create a link server to an oracle database. I have installed Oracle client on the server, but when try to test the connection using Oracle Net Configuration Assistant, I'm getting error: "TNS:
listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect description".
>I have read article 280106 (troubleshooting) that didn't help.
>I appreciate any guidance.
>Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment