Friday, March 30, 2012

Link to Oracle database

Hi all,
I have installed Oracle client tool on the SQL server and have checked the tns file. Everythings look fine, even from the server I can run SQL Plus and connect to the Oracle database. When I create a link and try to refresh tables under linked serve, I ge
t this error: Error 7399:OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' reported an error. I reinstalled MDAC 2.8, but I get the same error.
Any help would be appreciated.
Shahri
That's a generic error. Try turning on trace flag 7300 or
us SQL Profiler to capture the OLEDB Errors event. This
should give you to get more information about the error.
Additionally, you'll want to check the following article:
HOW TO: Set Up and Troubleshoot a Linked Server to Oracle in
SQL Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=280106
-Sue
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:43:37 -0700, Shahri
<Shahri@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have installed Oracle client tool on the SQL server and have checked the tns file. Everythings look fine, even from the server I can run SQL Plus and connect to the Oracle database. When I create a link and try to refresh tables under linked serve, I g
et this error: Error 7399:OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' reported an error. I reinstalled MDAC 2.8, but I get the same error.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Shahri

No comments:

Post a Comment