Friday, March 30, 2012

Link to Bring up email

I have a column on a report listing a contact. I want to click on the
contact and bring up my email program. I entered ="mailto:" & email variable
in the Jump to URL field. I get an error Invalid URI: the hostname could not
be parsed. Although it does work if I hard code the address like
=mailto:me@.microsoft.com
Thank you for any help.i tried to repro it..but couldnt replicate it.
i created a parameter as email id..it works fine.
can u specify the repro steps?
"SSVette@.Hotmail.com" <ssvette@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e8qOXtFnEHA.2680@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I have a column on a report listing a contact. I want to click on the
> contact and bring up my email program. I entered ="mailto:" & email
> variable
> in the Jump to URL field. I get an error Invalid URI: the hostname could
> not
> be parsed. Although it does work if I hard code the address like
> =mailto:me@.microsoft.com
> Thank you for any help.
>|||I have a data set that returns a contact name (contactname) and the contact
email address (email). The report displays the contact name and the
navigation is assigned a Jump to URL field as
="mailto:" & email
I get the message Invalid URI: the hostname could not be parsed.
If I assign the Jump to URL Field with a hardcoded email address it works
fine
=mailto:me@.microsoft.com
thank you
"avnrao" <avn@.newsgroups.com> wrote in message
news:%23jNzEAInEHA.3908@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> i tried to repro it..but couldnt replicate it.
> i created a parameter as email id..it works fine.
> can u specify the repro steps?
> "SSVette@.Hotmail.com" <ssvette@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e8qOXtFnEHA.2680@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >I have a column on a report listing a contact. I want to click on the
> > contact and bring up my email program. I entered ="mailto:" & email
> > variable
> > in the Jump to URL field. I get an error Invalid URI: the hostname could
> > not
> > be parsed. Although it does work if I hard code the address like
> > =mailto:me@.microsoft.com
> >
> > Thank you for any help.
> >
> >
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment