Friday, March 30, 2012

Link to dbf file

Hi. I have a dbf file that has about 1.2 million lines of
data. That file is produced by another system's
proecesses. I'm wondering if there's a way for me to link
my SQL Server database to that file? Any suggestions would
be great. Thanks!
dbf file is: M:\Data\Shipped.dbf
Hi,
Yes, it is possible.
You can create a linked server from the Enterprise Manager (EM). Please try
the steps.
1. Create an ODBC DSN for the .dbf file by using 'ODBC Data Source
Administrator' in Administarive tools.
2. Select Microsoft OLE Provider for ODBC drivers to create a new linked
server. You should specify the datasource and catalog in the boxes.
3. In security tab, you should configure it to access this .dbf file
without problem.
You can do the same using TSQL, Have a look into the below link, You have
various options to connect to DBase and Foxpro dbf files.
http://groups.google.co.in/groups?q=...e&hl=en&lr=&ie
=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=VA.0000447d.0110b58c%40compuserve.com&rnum= 7
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"mj" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:133ab01c411ed$1a65b150$a101280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi. I have a dbf file that has about 1.2 million lines of
> data. That file is produced by another system's
> proecesses. I'm wondering if there's a way for me to link
> my SQL Server database to that file? Any suggestions would
> be great. Thanks!
> dbf file is: M:\Data\Shipped.dbf
>

No comments:

Post a Comment