Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Line Number

Hello,
I am getting an error in my .NET app and the error comes from a SQL
Server sproc. I am able to capture the line number. My question is how
to find that line? Do I start counting from CREATE PROCEDURE or from
the AS statement? Or elsewhere?Frank,
Execute the sproc in Query Analyzer. When the error message appears in the
result pane, double-click it - should highlight the line or general location
of the error.
HTH
Jerry
"Frank Rizzo" <none@.none.com> wrote in message
news:O5ChPem1FHA.3188@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> I am getting an error in my .NET app and the error comes from a SQL Server
> sproc. I am able to capture the line number. My question is how to find
> that line? Do I start counting from CREATE PROCEDURE or from the AS
> statement? Or elsewhere?
>|||Jerry Spivey wrote:

>Frank,
>Execute the sproc in Query Analyzer. When the error message appears in the
>result pane, double-click it - should highlight the line or general locatio
n
>of the error.
>
Unfortunately, this is not something that happens all the time. It
happens very rarely. When it does happen, the application captures and
writes out to a log all the info it can. This is where the line number
is found as well. Thus I am trying to troubleshoot a sproc based on a
line number.
So, that said, do I start counting from CREATE PROCEDURE or from the AS
statement?

>HTH
>Jerry
>"Frank Rizzo" <none@.none.com> wrote in message
>news:O5ChPem1FHA.3188@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment