Friday, March 23, 2012

LINK REMOTE SQL SERVER 2000 Database

I have a local mdb file and remote sql server 2000 database..
i know only my remote table user name and password...
my mdb file and sql database are same...
I tried to link my remote database
I click link table and odbc from my mdb...
i choose machine data source and new ...
i choose sql server and i write my server ip and click next...
i write my database username and password but it failss.
how can i link my remotet sql server 2000 database? what is my fault...
?Hi
This sounds like you are using access? In which case you may have a better
response in an access newsgroup.
If you are using an ODBC data source then you may need to set up a system
DSN in the ODBC configuration applet found in the Administrators menu.
If this is a remote database that you are connecting to, then you will need
to make sure that any firewalls/routers are not blocking access to this
server.
Posting the full error number and message will help.
John
"Savas Ates" <savas@.indexinteractive.com> wrote in message
news:%23UZZ1ehMFHA.4028@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have a local mdb file and remote sql server 2000 database..
> i know only my remote table user name and password...
> my mdb file and sql database are same...
> I tried to link my remote database
> I click link table and odbc from my mdb...
> i choose machine data source and new ...
> i choose sql server and i write my server ip and click next...
> i write my database username and password but it failss.
> how can i link my remotet sql server 2000 database? what is my fault...
> ?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment