Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lines disappear

Hello Group,
has anyone ever seen this problem. I was asked to work on an old database
from project I had not been on (when does that ever happen...) anyway I go
right to the database diagram to get a look at what I am dealing with. When
I open the diagram a strange behavior manifests itself: the lines that show
relationships between the tables all disappear!
I can see them for just a moment and then just one by one disappear. The
daughter tables all have a field that has a "record id" which has a PK. They
have a field which stores the PK of the related table.
Why is this does this?
RichIs this for SQL 2005 or a previous version? Are you connecting from a
workstation or locally?
"Rich" wrote:
> Hello Group,
> has anyone ever seen this problem. I was asked to work on an old database
> from project I had not been on (when does that ever happen...) anyway I go
> right to the database diagram to get a look at what I am dealing with. When
> I open the diagram a strange behavior manifests itself: the lines that show
> relationships between the tables all disappear!
> I can see them for just a moment and then just one by one disappear. The
> daughter tables all have a field that has a "record id" which has a PK. They
> have a field which stores the PK of the related table.
> Why is this does this?
> Rich|||Hello Edgardo,
Version = 2000
Connection = my workstation has Enterprise Manager connecting to the
database server
"Edgardo Valdez, MCTS, MCITP, MCSD, MCDBA" wrote:
> Is this for SQL 2005 or a previous version? Are you connecting from a
> workstation or locally?
> "Rich" wrote:
> > Hello Group,
> >
> > has anyone ever seen this problem. I was asked to work on an old database
> > from project I had not been on (when does that ever happen...) anyway I go
> > right to the database diagram to get a look at what I am dealing with. When
> > I open the diagram a strange behavior manifests itself: the lines that show
> > relationships between the tables all disappear!
> >
> > I can see them for just a moment and then just one by one disappear. The
> > daughter tables all have a field that has a "record id" which has a PK. They
> > have a field which stores the PK of the related table.
> >
> > Why is this does this?
> >
> > Rich|||I have some more questions:
1-. If you can connect locally to the same server, do you experience the
same behavior?
2-. Did you try connecting from another workstation?
3-. What is the Service Pack Level in the server?
"Rich" wrote:
> Hello Edgardo,
> Version = 2000
> Connection = my workstation has Enterprise Manager connecting to the
> database server
> "Edgardo Valdez, MCTS, MCITP, MCSD, MCDBA" wrote:
> > Is this for SQL 2005 or a previous version? Are you connecting from a
> > workstation or locally?
> >
> > "Rich" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Group,
> > >
> > > has anyone ever seen this problem. I was asked to work on an old database
> > > from project I had not been on (when does that ever happen...) anyway I go
> > > right to the database diagram to get a look at what I am dealing with. When
> > > I open the diagram a strange behavior manifests itself: the lines that show
> > > relationships between the tables all disappear!
> > >
> > > I can see them for just a moment and then just one by one disappear. The
> > > daughter tables all have a field that has a "record id" which has a PK. They
> > > have a field which stores the PK of the related table.
> > >
> > > Why is this does this?
> > >
> > > Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment