Monday, March 26, 2012

Link Server to MySQL Database

Hi

I ma trying to create a linked server to a MySQL database via ODBC. I am running SQL 2005 on Windows 2003 R2 (64-bit). Can any one point me in the right direction .

Any ideas|||MSDASQL (provider shipped with SS2005 which serves as OLEDB-ODBC bridge) is not supported in 64-bit. Check if there is an 64-bit OLEDB provider for MySQL that you can use directly.|||

Thanks for that i will look into it.

|||

Hi James,

Were you able to do that? I am having the trouble doing the same. If you have done, could you please post the procedure.

Thanks,

Neelesh:)

|||Unfortunatly I have not had much time to look at it. I have not managed to find a free / cheap OLE MYSQL driver. Sorry I was not much help|||Can you guys post your email? I can send you a documentation for creating linked servers with MySQL|||

My email address is jamesholmes@.greggs.co.uk

Thanks

|||

Have you tried email me ?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment