Monday, March 19, 2012

Line Chart Color

Hello,

My line chart displays all lines in a single color (the series color). I'd like a single color per item in the series just like the bar chart. Is there a way to change this? Or is the only differentiation the markers?

Michael

To put different colors for lines in line chart, Please select chart properties-goto Data-under values goto Edit-Apperance-goto Series Style...-select Border and Line-Color. give suitable color here. (and i think line and marker will have the same color.)|||

Merin,

I did see that option. But doing that changes the colors for ALL lines in my chart. I'd like my series to have different colors, if possible. Any ideas?

Michael

|||for each value u need to select colors. u may have different values inside data in chart properties , for each case u need to follow the same path and choose different color.it worked for me. i hope it will work for u also|||

Ugh, that sounds a lot messier than I thought, especially since my series are all dynamic. Can I reference the color pallete using an array? Or perhaps I'll wait to SRS 2008 with the Dundas charts.

Michael

|||What you mean by dynamic series?|||I mean I have multiple lines on the chart, one for each series value. All the lines are the same color.|||i am trying to do the same thing too.

i was able to for a 100% stacked column chart, using multiple data values, and still specify a color for each value in the stacked column chart (3 of them in my case).

however for my current line chart with only 1 data value, the default colors are automatic according to a color scheme, but i want to be able to define the colors. i was thinking of the following methods using coding under the chart properties -? data -? values (double click the value item) -? edit chart value -? appearance -? series style -? border and line -? color -? ?x

(refer to code snippet)

and the color will be hardcoded to the value string of the data. alternative you can put it as a database column. these are just my ideas. would be great if someone out there has a better solution ... always open to learn.

rev-boy

=IIf(
Fields!DATA_COLUMN.Value = "Type 1", "Green",
IIf
(
Fields!DATA_COLUMN.Value = "Type 2", "Red",
IIf
(
Fields!DATA_COLUMN.Value = "Type 3", "Brown", "Black"
)
)
)

No comments:

Post a Comment