Monday, March 19, 2012

Line Chart data points

Hello all,
I hope one of the gurus here can help me out.
I have a line chart in reporting services (sp2) with month on x-axis, year on
y-axis with aggregate monthly totals for datapoints. The user selects a date
range, say January 2004 to June 2005. The chart produces one line for each
year but since 2005 has not ended yet, there should be no data for the end of
the year but the chart is putting datapoints with a zero value on the chart.
When I put the same query in a matrix, those months don't show up because
there is no data (duh). How can I get those data points off the chart?
Looking forward to any help and many thanks in advance.
Cheers!Hi Wendy, I am still pretty new at this. But I would think an IIF statement
in the Filter tab of the Chart properties might work. I guessing here, but
that is the first thing that pop in my head when I read your post. Thanks and
have a great day, Kerrie
Wendy j wrote:
>Hello all,
>I hope one of the gurus here can help me out.
>I have a line chart in reporting services (sp2) with month on x-axis, year on
>y-axis with aggregate monthly totals for datapoints. The user selects a date
>range, say January 2004 to June 2005. The chart produces one line for each
>year but since 2005 has not ended yet, there should be no data for the end of
>the year but the chart is putting datapoints with a zero value on the chart.
>When I put the same query in a matrix, those months don't show up because
>there is no data (duh). How can I get those data points off the chart?
>Looking forward to any help and many thanks in advance.
>Cheers!
Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com|||Hi Kerrie,
Thanks for your reply! I thought the same thing initially but since the
points technically don't exist they cannot be filtered out. It is almost as
if the chart is 'filling in the blank' with a value of zero.
Wendy
Kerrie S wrote:
>Hi Wendy, I am still pretty new at this. But I would think an IIF statement
>in the Filter tab of the Chart properties might work. I guessing here, but
>that is the first thing that pop in my head when I read your post. Thanks and
>have a great day, Kerrie
>>Hello all,
>>I hope one of the gurus here can help me out.
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>>Looking forward to any help and many thanks in advance.
>>Cheers!
Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com|||Sorry I could not be more help. I hope someone answer you, I am curious to
know.
Wendy j wrote:
>Hi Kerrie,
>Thanks for your reply! I thought the same thing initially but since the
>points technically don't exist they cannot be filtered out. It is almost as
>if the chart is 'filling in the blank' with a value of zero.
>Wendy
>>Hi Wendy, I am still pretty new at this. But I would think an IIF statement
>>in the Filter tab of the Chart properties might work. I guessing here, but
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>Looking forward to any help and many thanks in advance.
>>Cheers!
Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com|||It sounds like you are running into the issue described in the following KB
article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883675
However, this was definitely fixed on RS 2000 SP2. Are you sure you have SP2
installed for Report Designer and on the report server?
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Kerrie S via SQLMonster.com" <forum@.SQLMonster.com> wrote in message
news:541C109219A03@.SQLMonster.com...
> Sorry I could not be more help. I hope someone answer you, I am curious to
> know.
> Wendy j wrote:
>>Hi Kerrie,
>>Thanks for your reply! I thought the same thing initially but since the
>>points technically don't exist they cannot be filtered out. It is almost
>>as
>>if the chart is 'filling in the blank' with a value of zero.
>>Wendy
>>Hi Wendy, I am still pretty new at this. But I would think an IIF
>>statement
>>in the Filter tab of the Chart properties might work. I guessing here,
>>but
>>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>Looking forward to any help and many thanks in advance.
>>Cheers!
>
> --
> Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment