Monday, March 19, 2012

Line Chart Help

Unfortunately this isn't as easy as it sounds. I am trying to build a chart just like the one in the attachment (I made it in Excel to show what I want). It's a simple line chart that reflects a trend of data over a period of time. However, there may be multiple entries on one day (such as the 24th in the example), but a single entry on another day.

Crystal wants to summarize the data and present ONE value for ONE day even if there are multiple entries in a day. How can I make it stop doing this? Are there any 3rd party vendors that have additional charts that can be installed?

Check out the attachments:
Chart.jpg - Excel Chart
cry_chart.jpg - Crystal Chart (notice 2 values for 7/23, but Crystal only shows 1 on the chart)

FYIIm running 8.5 because thats the only version my app will support.

I'd appreciate any help!Actually, CR not just shows you 1 value for 7/23/07 on the chart, it returns you sum of those 2 values for that date:

HGB ..... 10.3 .... 7/23/07
HGB ..... 7.9 ..... 7/23/07

If your Date field containes only date, I don't think you can get CR to show your values separately. But if this is a date_time field just formatted as date you can do next:
Open your Chart Expert ->Data. In the 'On change of' section, highlight your date_time field, then click the 'Order' button. I believe you have 'for each day' selected for the 'The section will be printed'.
Set it 'for each second' then you will get your desired result.|||That's what I meant when I said that Crystal sumarizes the data for one day and only shows one value.

Cool man. I'll try that and see if it works. I appreciate it!|||This worked! Thanks for the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment