Monday, March 19, 2012

Line Chart X-Axis has too many point

Hi All,
I have a Chart line report that works great except when there are too many
data points. The x-axis labels then get too cramped and become unreadable.
I saw from another post that to fix this, you right mouse click on the chart
object, select properties, select "X Axis" tab, set "Major tick mark" to
"None" and "Minor tick mark" to "None". So I have "Major tick mark" set to
"None" and "Minor tick mark" set to "None" and also set on my "X Axis" tab
is: Checkbox "Show labels" is "Checked" and "Scale Minimum" = 0 (nothing
else is specified). However, this is not solving the problem (i.e. the
x-axis labels are still cramped together and unreadable).
I called Dundas Software and their tech support department said they cannot
provide technical support to me since I am using the Chart control packaged
with SQL Reporting Svsc 2005.
Can anyone offer any advice on how I can solve this?
Thanks in advance.Hello,
Since SQL Server 2005 has not been publicly released yet, we do not support
SQL Server 2005 in the newsgroup. For any SQL Server 2005 and related
issues, you could post here
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=sqlserver2005&sl
cid=us
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Sophie Guo
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
=====================================================When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
=====================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||Sorry, typo...I am on SQL Reporting Svcs 2000.
"Anthony LaMark" <anthony@.eXcSoftware.com> wrote in message
news:%23xWn$y%23tFHA.3252@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi All,
> I have a Chart line report that works great except when there are too many
> data points. The x-axis labels then get too cramped and become
> unreadable. I saw from another post that to fix this, you right mouse
> click on the chart object, select properties, select "X Axis" tab, set
> "Major tick mark" to "None" and "Minor tick mark" to "None". So I have
> "Major tick mark" set to "None" and "Minor tick mark" set to "None" and
> also set on my "X Axis" tab is: Checkbox "Show labels" is "Checked" and
> "Scale Minimum" = 0 (nothing else is specified). However, this is not
> solving the problem (i.e. the x-axis labels are still cramped together and
> unreadable).
> I called Dundas Software and their tech support department said they
> cannot provide technical support to me since I am using the Chart control
> packaged with SQL Reporting Svsc 2005.
> Can anyone offer any advice on how I can solve this?
> Thanks in advance.
>|||Hello,
Please reproduce this issue with the sample AdventureWorks2000 database,
then post here the detailed steps to reproduce the issue. Send the report
to me so I can check the issue on my side. My email address is
v-sguo@.microsoft.com. After checking it I will let you know the results.
Sophie Guo
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
=====================================================When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
=====================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||It sounds like your are NOT using a timescale/numeric x-axis. You can solve
the issue with too many labels on the x-axis by setting the x-axis MINOR
interval value to e.g. 5 (i.e. one label per 5 categories / data samples).
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Anthony LaMark" <anthony@.eXcSoftware.com> wrote in message
news:eTarYvGuFHA.3500@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Sorry, typo...I am on SQL Reporting Svcs 2000.
> "Anthony LaMark" <anthony@.eXcSoftware.com> wrote in message
> news:%23xWn$y%23tFHA.3252@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Hi All,
>> I have a Chart line report that works great except when there are too
>> many data points. The x-axis labels then get too cramped and become
>> unreadable. I saw from another post that to fix this, you right mouse
>> click on the chart object, select properties, select "X Axis" tab, set
>> "Major tick mark" to "None" and "Minor tick mark" to "None". So I have
>> "Major tick mark" set to "None" and "Minor tick mark" set to "None" and
>> also set on my "X Axis" tab is: Checkbox "Show labels" is "Checked" and
>> "Scale Minimum" = 0 (nothing else is specified). However, this is not
>> solving the problem (i.e. the x-axis labels are still cramped together
>> and unreadable).
>> I called Dundas Software and their tech support department said they
>> cannot provide technical support to me since I am using the Chart control
>> packaged with SQL Reporting Svsc 2005.
>> Can anyone offer any advice on how I can solve this?
>> Thanks in advance.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment